The folks over at Portal A have created a very cool infographic illustrating the growth of online video, as well as the core elements. A good one to share with both the uninitiated, as well as the experts.
Great infographic from Super Monitoring and AF Studio full of interesting mobile statistics. In most developing countries, mobile devices are the main way people access the internet because they don’t have the luxury of connected computers at home.
Here are a few key statistics;
- 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone
- 56% of people own a smart phone
- 50% of mobile phone users, use mobile as their primary Internet source
- 80% of time on mobile is spent inside apps
- 72% of tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week
- Since YouTube’s launch, the Top 100 Global Brands have published a total of 258,000 videos across 1,378 YouTube channels, attracting over 9.5 billion total views.
- These brands have collectively invested billions of dollars in online video creation.
- Since 2009, video publishing rates on YouTube by the Top 100 Global Brands have increased an average of 73% annually. By 2015, they will likely invest in the production and distribution of over one million new YouTube videos.
- Only 1 of the Top 100 Global Brands does not have a YouTube channel. 56 of the Top 100 Global Brands have 10 or more YouTube channels.
- Many of the Top 100 Global Brands fail to reach their audiences because they focus more on video production and less on video marketing. Over 50% of the videos produced by the Top 100 Global Brands have less than 1,000 views.
- YouTube has longer lasting marketing impact than social media for the Top 100 Global Brands. Over 30% of the total aggregate video views occur 12 weeks after publication.
- 2nd largest search engine in the world. The largest for kids under 18
- 56 countries post content in 61 languages
- One billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- 17% of all internet traffic flows through YouTube
- 6 billion hours of video are watched monthly
- YouTube is now being accessed from hundreds of millions of devices
- 25% of views globally (one billion) are from mobile devices
- 100 hours of video are uploaded every minute
YouTube is becoming an integral part of today’s global digital marketing mix. Over the past five years, the Top 100 Global Brands have gone from just a few dozen YouTube uploads in 2005 to over 10,000 cumulative video uploads in a single month last year. These 100 brands alone now account for 9.5 billion collective YouTube views and more than 258,000 video uploads.
There are a lot of moms…and a lot of moms online…and they spend a lot of money. Total Beauty Media Group just released a free report to help marketers understand how women with children utilize emerging digital media. In addition to the insights, some interesting stats:
- The modern mom market is 82.5 million women strong with $2.4 trillion spending power
- Moms watch 38% more online video during the day
- 65% of moms spend more on their kids than themselves, and 68%will make unplanned purchases based on a child’s request
- Moms are frugal with their dollars and savvy with saving, but are willing to splurge on things like at-home beauty treatments
You can download a copy of the report for free here.