- Since YouTube’s launch, the Top 100 Global Brands have published a total of 258,000 videos across 1,378 YouTube channels, attracting over 9.5 billion total views.
- These brands have collectively invested billions of dollars in online video creation.
- Since 2009, video publishing rates on YouTube by the Top 100 Global Brands have increased an average of 73% annually. By 2015, they will likely invest in the production and distribution of over one million new YouTube videos.
- Only 1 of the Top 100 Global Brands does not have a YouTube channel. 56 of the Top 100 Global Brands have 10 or more YouTube channels.
- Many of the Top 100 Global Brands fail to reach their audiences because they focus more on video production and less on video marketing. Over 50% of the videos produced by the Top 100 Global Brands have less than 1,000 views.
- YouTube has longer lasting marketing impact than social media for the Top 100 Global Brands. Over 30% of the total aggregate video views occur 12 weeks after publication.
YouTube and Global Brand Marketing
16 Aug 2013 in YouTube